Images/art are watermarked/copyrighted.
DIANE KRESS HOWER

AUTHOR - ILLUSTRATOR - PHOTOGRAPHER

Friday, July 22, 2011

EATING MY WORDS IN CHAUTAUQUA

HOT. TIRED. FULL. INSPIRED.

       My dear father-in-law said, " you won't have time to blog." I am eating my words after missing 2 days. 

     Actually, I am only claiming one day of lost time as my fault from being busy and tired and busy, some more.  Yesterday, it was the blackout that occurred in the middle of the afternoon that disrupted Julie Ham from Charlesbridge.  She did not miss a beat. 
 The Brown Brothers sang their ballad and the auction went on despite no air conditioning or fans.  I tried, and the blackout disrupted my blog.  Sleepless in Chautauqua was an experience this author does not ever want to experience again.  With the humidity, the temperature was noted to be 104 yesterday. We woke to the fan coming back on and the fire alarm going off.  I was dreaming I was in hell. 

        I am about to embark for the closing banquet.  I am not sure if I can fit any more food in my belly or information from such incredibly creative humans, in my head.  I have so much to share with you but it will have to wait so that I can do it properly from my studio, next week.  Thanks for your patience.


 

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Hi Diane,
Just read through all your posts for the conference and am so pleased that you've been having such a terrific experience! Hope you have a safe trip home. I'm sure you'll be mulling over all that you've heard and learned for months and months (even years) to come. Hugs and blessings, Ev